Sunday, February 14, 2010

Better and Better

I had been running my weight loss practice through my family practice office. I was trying to do it all, managing behavior change, exercise and diet with my clients. i was getting good, if average results and it was taking a lot of time. It was becoming more difficult to do within the context of a 15 minute office visit and I started running way behind if people brought up weight issues. I also had not learned yet how to determine readiness to change and therefore wasted a lot of time. Also the weight loss was often not fast enough for clients who fell away after a month or so, which is pretty typical.

I read about the OPTIFAST program and talked to them about their methods. There was ANOTHER traning program to go to but this was only three days since I was already Boarded by the ABBM. With this program I made some changes and began working with a team. The basic concept is a formula diet for rapid weight loss (more on that at a later post, or check our website for more info: www.sageweightandwellness.com ) and extensive education for retraining of eating and exercicse as well as behavior. I concluded that this would work best with a team and after hours. The first major revision was complete and our results were much improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment