Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Out of the mouths of children

The year is now about 1999, a mere eight years from my initial revelation! It is before Christmas, I am up to about 220 pounds again and have my "winter growth" of beard. Upon walking into the exam room I am greeted with great delight by a 5 year old girl: "Doctor Santa!!"


Mom was mortified, I was entertained, but also saw a little more clearly. My research began again and this time I knew I could do it with help. I signed up for a comprehensive weight loss program and the real success began. My program included diet, exercise, behavior modification, and initially medication.



My success was transforming! I lost about 60 pounds over 6 months and felt great. My exericise program benefitted greatly as well. As my weight came down I was actually able to do more and felt so much better. People started asking me how I did it, and like a fool I thought they really wanted to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment