Friday, February 19, 2010

Where am I today?

My decision to act this time resulted in a shorter delay than initially! I started our program Jan 1st, 2010 and have lost 20 pounds already! Although fully aware of the importance of proper balance in my diet and the need for regular exercise, I still struggle. Schedule changes have made my old positive patterns more difficult regarding exercise, and the cycle of splurging on carbs is hard to break! Focusing on developing new patterns seems to be working better than "getting back" to my old ones, since it is now clear that my old patterns are not possible.

Spirituality and centernedness are the cornerstones of the patterns I am now trying to develop. I can do daily Yoga before I even leave the house and focus on being centered when I eat. Lent is a good time to focus on spirituality and face one's darker side. Repentance is turning away in a Wholistic sense, body mind and spirit. Perhaps this will be a useful and inspiring concept for me over the next several weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment