Monday, February 15, 2010

A New Venture

Our next major development was moving out of New Prague Clinic. This move could be more about the history of Sage than my personal history, but it did change the dynamics for me personally. I learned (or rather was reminded, since I have been in solo practice before) how stressful having a business can be. I had lost most of my excess weight and managed to follow my own advice as well as what I had learned from The National Weight Loss Register about keys to long term success. Soon after the move, I was accepted as a Bush Fellow to study traditional and alternative treatments for obesity in children, adolescents and adults.

There was some stress related re-gain of weight but only a few pounds and my program was on course. Having the Bush fellowship was exciting and in spite of the stress of having a business, things were going well. Focusing on helping others was beneficial for my own health. For me, key in staying healthy was exercise daily in the moderate to vigorous range, monitoring diet, eating breakfast and limiting my carbohydrate intake. I had learned my lessons, or so I thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment