Monday, February 1, 2010

Taking immediate action!

So being a man of action after this revelation I stayed in the "contemplation" stage of change for about 2 years. At that time I applied for a life insurance policy and had begun a few changes in terms of exercise. When I met with the agent I told him I was in the process of trying to lose some weight, and asked if I should delay my application until this had occurred. His response was "like that's ever going to happen!" The primary outcome from this interchange was an immediate change in insurance agents! I decided at that point to investigate and see if anyone really did manage to lose weight and keep it off. What I found was the National Weight Loss registry, a database of people who had lost over 50 pounds and kept it off long term. This was the beginning of my realizing that I COULD do it but would need some help. Commitment was now tied to hope, and progress could begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment